Friday, October 26, 2012

Corndog Muffins > Other Muffins

It's no secret that I love muffins.  They're a pretty great option for the single cook, because they are pre-portioned, easily freezable, and fit into all of my tupperware.  It's an affair that can't be broken up.

I'm fairly experienced in the muffin world, but I had certainly never had a corndog muffin before.  I've been sick and sleepy all week, and everything in me screamed for carbs and meat.  What better way to solve that with some delicious muffins that pack a meaty punch?

After scouring the web.  Well, Pinterest, actually, I found A Sweet Simple Life who had a recipe for such muffiny goodness.  I adapted it a little, so keep reading to find a cheesy, filling, meaty muffin that can make YOU renounce any other muffin for good.






Ingredients:
1 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup stone-ground cornmeal
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup (or so) cheese of your choice -I used Mexican Blend, but I would have rather used Cheddar...
3 beef hotdogs (I used Hebrew National)

To Make 12-14 Muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.  Set aside.
2. Melt butter in microwave in a measuring cup.  Add milk and eggs to butter. Beat until smooth.  Add to dry mixture.  Stir until well blended.   Add your cheese and mix.  Your batter will be very thick and pretty much just like Jiffy!  Score!
3.  Grease a muffin pan or line it with GREASED liners.  I did not grease my liners.  I only got to eat 3/4 of each muffin.  You have been warned. 
4. Cut each hotdog into 4 pieces.  Smush one hotdog into the middle of each batter-filled cup.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Don't overbake.  A dry corn muffin is a tragedy.

Serve with ketchup or mustard.  Or curry ketchup, if you're lucky enough to be in Europe right now.


1 comment:

  1. What’s not to love about muffins? Especially when it comes with a twist, such as a beef hotdog on the center. Haha! With the ingredients this meal has, it’s basically a breakfast package. How convenient, eh? Thanks for sharing!

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew Poultry

    ReplyDelete